Sunday, August 12, 2012

Good Podcast on Refuting Some Velikovsky Claims

Check out Stuart Robbins' podcast on Immanuel Velikovsky's claims about Venus (and a little about Mars)

Episode 46: Immanuel Velikovsky's "Worlds in Collision"

I had been working my way through Dr. Robbins' podcasts sequentially since there are parts which carry over into the next podcast.  This one I listened to out of order since it is so related to my work exposing the falsehoods of the Electric Universe (EU) crowd.  Robbins is planetary scientist, so he probably has a better grasp of some of the celestial mechanics issues than I.

I've been experimenting with using my n-body code to explore some of the planetary configurations proposed by Velikovsky and EU (my n-body code even allows inclusion of charges and electric and magnetic fields!) but Dr. Robbins might have a code of higher precision than mine more suited for such a project.

This note wouldn't be complete without including a link to work of others who have come before:

TOP TEN REASONS WHY VELIKOVSKY IS WRONG ABOUT WORLDS IN COLLISION.  By Leroy Ellenberger

Hiatus Update:
I'm still making progress on some long-overdue posts where the content has been accumulating and simmering for some time.  Until they are ready, I expect to continue making little posts like this, pointing to other resources of interest to those who follow this blog.

I've also recently received a number of comments in the blog stream, spread over several threads, which I have not yet released.  Some of them are worthy of a full post and so I will hold them until a proper response is ready.

Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

So...What Happened?

Wow.  It's been over eight years since I last posted here... When I stepped back in August 2015,...