Monday, April 18, 2011

Upgrading my Scientific Toolbox

I've been off -the-air a bit more this week as I implement some upgrades to my computing capability.

I now have my desktop & laptop Macs running 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and installing as much software as I can to run 64-bit mode.  This will make it easier to handle some of the larger datasets required for this project.  I addition, I hope to mirror the working directories between the desktop & laptop systems, adding an extra level to my regular backups.

I'm making the page describing the installation configuration of my scientific tools available here, both for my future reference and in the event others wish to duplicate my setup.  Plus, I have repeatedly made use of the descriptions others have placed online and this is just my way to contribute and return the favor.

This project should be complete soon and I can return to more regular posting.

No comments:

So...What Happened?

Wow.  It's been over eight years since I last posted here... When I stepped back in August 2015,...